December 5, 2009

Just Another Day In Alaska


My younger sister lives in Haines, Alaska, at the northern end of the Inside Passage. Cruise ships stop in their harbor during the summer. Everywhere you turn, there are mountains and glaciers. It's the home of whales, moose, ravens, grizzly bears (that are properly called "brown bears" in southern Alaska), and thousands of bald eagles. Oh, and about 2000 people.

She posted these pictures last week.


Haines harbor



Moose calf running after mother

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

I think you already know of my fondness for the state of Alaska.... such amazing beauty....and a quiet, strong spirit all of its own.

Rox said...

We want to go to Alaska this summer! I've always wanted to go so we're going to haul the camper and go.

Blobby said...

I love how a half-ton animal is the calf.

Ur-spo said...

I have been to Haines.
My relatives live in Alaska too.

dpaste said...

Cool.