October 12, 2011

Overheard: Survivor

It was warm and sunny the other day, and I was driving my convertible with the roof down. (Sophie was enjoying the ride harnessed in the back seat.) I had on a simple scarf as I waited with other cars at a red light. Somewhere to my right, I heard someone speak out.

"Excuse me!"

I looked around and saw a man about my age at the wheel of a huge six-wheel pickup truck, looking at me.

"Are you a survivor?"

It took me a second. "I'm still fighting!"

"You'll make it. I'm a survivor." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Thank you!" I smiled. The light changed and we moved onward on our separate ways.

6 comments:

Cubby said...

Cool story.

Ur-spo said...

lovely story

MartininBroda said...

I'm still smiling since I read it 1st, was an hour ago or so, good luck.

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Sounds like you are a member of an elite club. Great story.

Rox said...

You just never know when you'll get some inspiration! People are good.

Jess said...

Wonderful! And he's right. You will make it!