May 7, 2009

A Questionable Practice

You know the forced patter that newscasters and sportscasters are now required to perform as handoffs? And how the segue is inevitably forced laughter, even as they discuss serious topics? Why would my husband decide this is a great conversation technique to parody? How many more chuckles can I hear before I bop him one? And why, knowing it is coming, do I still laugh every time Abe does this? Am I that easy?

Are you answering every question in your head just to give yourself closure? Why do you suppose we do that? How long can I keep this up? Are you ready to bop me one yet? And can you keep it going?

3 comments:

Patrick said...

To be honest, I'm having trouble figuring out how Abe does this in every day situations, since the habit seems to presume a listening audience, and each of you getting a turn to address them. So I think I'd need to see it in action before I ventured an opinion. And if it involves a laughing Birdie (albeit against her will), I might enjoy it, that being one of my favorite sounds. (You know you have a great laugh, right?) I suspect this is one of those things that develops its own momentum; you keep laughing at it because you can't believe you're laughing at it. So I don't think you're easy. At least not in that sense.

Joe Jubinville said...

That's what's going on at Birdie's; here's what's happening in Jeaux's neck of the woods...

(Shameless plugs are in keeping with the theme, right?)

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I hate that forced laughter! I'll BOP them one with you!