September 1, 2009

On The Road Again

I'm five miles from the Florida border, having driven 360 miles today from Highlands, NC. I and my parents are on our way back to Sarasota. We'll get there with ease tomorrow.

This is a speed vacation. (Not on the road.) I just had a few hours in Highlands. Naturally, I spent some of it at SweeTreats getting online. (Chocolate with Butterfinger and brownie mix-ins.) Instead of spending time with you all, though, I was purchasing used textbooks for Sheba's classes.

Highlands is in a temperate rain forest. Last night the humidity reached 100%, and the trees dripped on the house all night. We had a wildlife encounter! This squirrel has figured out how to reach the hanging birdfeeder by dangling by his toes from the screen.


A too-brief two days in Sarasota and it will be back to work.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

oh those clever squirrels
the more we try to thwart'em the more they do
they stop at nothing.