September 6, 2010

Verbatim: Emoticons

Abe has discovered the chart of yellow emoticons on his new BlackBerry. He loves sending the kids messages with them. He texted Sheba a good night note, and then I got a text from her.

Sheba: PLEASE tell Dad not to send me emoticons of vaginas anymore.

Me: WHAT does that look like?!

Sheba: ({}) WHO is teaching him these things?!

Me: He insists that it is a big hug on his emoticon chart. :D

Sheba: Hahaha So what were the boobs when he sent me those?

Me: Ben also asked why he was sending him boobs, but I can't remember the emoticon it represented. He'd better not be sending these to his colleagues.

Sheba: Seriously! Hah! These are the boobs he sent: (.Y.)

Me: I think it was something like open arms.

Sheba: Weeeeird.

Me: Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had in a while.

Sheba: Haha. I just had a friend tell me it shows up as a hug on her phone too and she confused a few friends.

Me: If she figures out what the boobs are, let me know. Good night, sweet girl.

Sheba: Haha. Ok. Night night.

I'm willing to bet there's a small group of programmers out there somewhere laughing at their in joke.

5 comments:

rox said...

OMG Derwood sounds just like Abe! I hope he's limiting his emoticon usage to family!

A Lewis said...

Abe is nearly ahead of me on finding those emoticons......I only just recently discovered how to use them on my Iphone. I felt lost without them!

Blobby said...

I've never seen the 'boob emodi before.

I LOVE IT!

Thanks to him for giving it to be vicariously....if that's the right word.

tornwordo said...

I wouldn't have known what either of those was. Too funny though.

Doorman-Priest said...

Good conversation.