January 8, 2009

Aftermath

I think Abe was more upset about my accident than he let on. Every two or three weeks he makes a wonderful dinner for me, and last night he decided to do it again. When I came home from a late meeting, he had dinner waiting for me: green salad, shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon, steamed summer squash, merlot, and Girardelli chocolates. Everything I love. That was impressive enough, but after we rinsed the dishes he put on Michael Buble and we hug-waltzed to slow jazz in the living room. A few kisses later he told me to do whatever I liked until bedtime. Then he went upstairs to do some work. I melted into the floor.

9 comments:

Rox said...

There's nothing like a little "I'm glad you survived the wreck" Love to get a girl back on her feet! Congrats, your hubby sounds terrific!

Anonymous said...

He's a keeper.

Ur-spo said...

can you lend him out Friday night?

evilganome said...

What a great hubby!

Patricia said...

What a sweet man, it sounds like a lovely evening.

Patrick said...

I hope 'melting onto the floor' was what you best wanted to do that evening. I'm not surprised that was the reaction. Just lovely, that Abe. Glad you had a nice evening.

dpaste said...

Aaawwwww, aaaawwwww, I....aaaaawwwww.



Word verification: glerbson

of the accounting firm of Glerbson, Glerbson and Glerbson.

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Is he good, or what? I'm really impressed, you lucky girl! :)

bigislandjeepguy said...

what you might need is a preplanned "bump into my car" set up with a friend gig once in a while. nothin' major...just sayin'.

good for you : )