November 5, 2009

Blogger Confirmation: Blobby

I am in Cleveland, staying at a friend's apartment in his absence while I attend a conference. Mike has shown such hospitality, with everything I need for my stay. Only one thing is missing: Mike. We meet when he's on the road for art shows, passing through Indy. I thought finally I was going to be able to spend more than an hour with him. Sigh. Next time.

I was able to meet another friend, face-to-face for the first time: Blobby arranged for us to meet at an upscale bar downtown for a drink and conversation. It was a gorgeous place but completely empty except for us. Apparently downtown Cleveland rolls up the sidewalks at 6:00p. (Indianapolis used to be the same way.) No matter; we talked for two hours about everything and found some common background: his parents have a place on Siesta Key in Sarasota, so he knows the area.

We laughed about our stories and went on and on without pause. It was over too soon. I've teased him in the past for scowling in all his blog photos. (He says he doesn't like how he looks when he smiles.) Well, Blobby was all smiles last night, and I have proof he looks great when he grins.



As ever, our time together was too short, but it was terrific while it lasted. He says I was his first live link from his blog. If y'all are going to be in Cleveland, look him up. Maybe he'll smile for you too.

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

Shirt and tie and EVERYTHING? Wow...you're lucky he dressed up for you. I'm nothing but jealous of both of you. As for Cleveland -- steer clear of the scary house with all of the dead bodies!

Java said...

Ain't it great to meet bloggers? I am unfamiliar with Blobby's blog. I'll go check it out.

Have fun. How's the tropical sun up there?

Blobby said...

Arnie - I came right after work. I at least took off the suit coat.

....and those 11 bodies could have all been from natural causes. I mean, it COULD!

tornwordo said...

I like the smiley picture.

Blobby said...

I'm a dork - plain and simple.

Neil said...

Indeed, you both look sweet. You're a very good-looking couple of friends.

Rox said...

Birdie, look how cute you are?!

Keeper of Droba said...

Nobody told me you were here in the city of the Casa del Retardo! Always the last to know!
And honaye, for Cleveland, this November has been downright tropical.